The promise of a digital-first education has propelled investors to pour billions into education technology-focused startups. And financing momentum around Ed Tech has continued in a big way in 2014 to the tune of $559M across just over ed tech 100 deals in just the first three months of 2014.
Behind the recent frenzy are a group of investors more active in the Ed Tech market than the rest. And so we took a look at the most active investors investors in the Ed Tech space based on unique company investments since the start of 2009.
Topping the list is 500 Startups which has invested in over 25 different Ed Tech startups over the period including Udemy, Colingo and MindSnacks. The growth of the Ed Tech startup market has also caused many verticalized venture funds investing in the education space, two of which round out the top 3 most active Ed Tech investors over the period – NewSchools Venture Fund and Learn Capital. The full list of most active Ed Tech investors since 2009 is highlighted below.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity