Average eCommerce valuation multiples contracted from 2011 to 2012 but median exit valuation multiples grew slightly.
Since 2007, the range of eCommerce exit valuation multiples has varied widely from 0.005x to 75x. Over the period, the average price/sales ratio has stood at 5.8x and the median at 2.0x. (Note: this data is available on CB Insights using valuation multiples search)
In the more recent past, average eCommerce valuation multiples have contracted going from 4.6x to 3.7x from 2011 to 2012 while median eCommerce valuation multiples bumped up slightly from 2.3x to 2.8x. The chart below highlights the wide range of eCommerce valuation multiples since 2007.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity