In our report in conjunction with BizTech@Wharton entitled the Evolving World of eCommerce, we highlighted a variety of statistics about eCommerce investment and M&A trends since 2008 for those areas of eCommerce being covered as part of the BizTech@Wharton conference.
One statistic we highlighted in the report (instructions on how to get the free report at the end of this brief) was that since 2008, there have been 81 acquisition transactions in the following areas of eCommerce: Flash Sales, Daily Deals, Alternative Currencies, Sharing Economy/Collaborative Commerce, CrowdFunding and Subscription eCommerce. As can be seen, M&A activity in these areas of eCommerce is significantly accelerating as well.
To see the companies and transactions in any of these areas of eCommerce, logon to CB Insights and search for companies with these tags from our Company Search with status acquired. If you don’t have a CB Insights account, you can sign up for a free account here.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity