We’d previously speculated that Seed VC was the New Series A, but the more recent trend from the Q3 Venture Capital Activity Report suggests that Seed and Series A venture capital deals are actually combining to take share away from mid- and later-stage deals. And Seed VC deals which still remain a largely internet sector phenomena have started to grow in other other areas including green and healthcare investments.
Below is the trend of venture capital deals and dollars by series of investment.
Below is the breakdown by stage of investment by venture capital dollars where Seed and Series A have also gained share.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity