This note also covers how the next generation of text messaging may bring a whole new forum for brand communication.
Today, we discuss valuation multiples in BI, iQIYI bringing its online video content offline, a new ride-hailing unicorn, and more, including:
- Domo vs Tableau vs Qlik vs Looker: How BI valuation multiples stack up
- A look ahead: Netflix and Amazon to take online content offline
- Daimler and Didi create a new European unicorn and complicate ride hailing further
- Medtronic’s small but powerful diabetes unit
- Rich Communication Services (RCS) and the evolution of the text message
BI provider Domo files for IPO. Its valuation multiples look insane.
Domo, a business intelligence and data visualization provider most recently valued at $2.3B, filed to go public last week. A look at Domo’s valuation multiple vs some of its peers highlights the steep hill it might need to climb.
Domo is one of Utah’s unicorns (Qualtrics and InsideSales.com are the others), and was most recently valued at $2.3B. Its investors include an illustrious group of well-known names, such as Benchmark, TPG Growth, BlackRock, and Dragoneer Investment Group, among others.
Domo’s S-1 filing shows the company generated $108.5M in revenue in 2017 (and a net loss of $176.6M). In 2016, revenue was $74.5M (and the net loss stood at $183.1M), which gives us YoY revenue growth of 45.6%.