To date, Dispelix has raised $60.7M for its waveguides. Here are the top-line bullets you need to know.
Dispelix, an AR display manufacturer, has raised $33M in a Series B round. The round drew participation from Lifeline Ventures, 3M Ventures, Atlantic Bridge Capital, and CCB Trust, among others.
HOW’S THE COMPANY PERFORMING?
- Finland-based Dispelix manufactures single-layer, full-color waveguide displays for augmented reality glasses and other AR devices.
- The company reportedly has 43 pending or granted patents.
- Dispelix has partnerships and collaborations with Applied Materials, Life Augmented, and Megaone.
- The company has offices across Finland, the US, China, and Taiwan.
WHY DOES THE MARKET MATTER?
- The global augmented reality market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 31.5% and reach a value of $88.4B by 2026, according to Markets and Markets.
- Surging demand for AR devices among consumers combined with the growing number of AR applications across industries like healthcare, automobiles, retail, and e-commerce is fueling the market’s growth.
- The Covid-19 pandemic has also given the industry a boost, especially in sectors that are emphasizing the need for “touchless” technology, like retail and e-commerce.