Rock Health, Khosla Ventures, and Qualcomm Ventures are among the most active VC investors in digital health.
Digital health continues to be a hot category as the number of investors entering the space globally continues to increase, with more than 1,350 unique investors with at least one investment in a digital health company in 2015.
2016 has already seen more than 800 unique investors in the space in the first half of the year, putting the year on track to outpace the 2015 total for investors active in digital health.
Most active VC investors
But who are the most active investors in the category? When we look at the top VC investors since 2014, Rock Health takes the number one spot with investments in more than 20 individual healthcare companies since 2014. Khosla Ventures is in second place by number of unique companies with investments in Misfit, Ginger.io, and Oscar. Qualcomm’s corporate venture arm Qualcomm Ventures rounded out the top 3.
Top investors overall
When we look at the top investors overall, the list is mostly populated by accelerators including Y Combinator, DreamIt Ventures, and BluePrint Health. Each of those accelerators has graduated and invested in more than 30 companies each since 2014.
Want more data on digital health companies? Check out our venture capital database below.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity