Here's what you need to know about the 150 most promising digital health startups.
Using the CB Insights platform, our team selected the 150 most promising digital health startups from a pool of 5K+ companies based on several factors, including patent activity, investor activity, market potential, partnerships, competitive landscape, and more.
For the full rundown, click here.
Quick facts on the 2019 Digital Health 150
Over the past five years, this group has raised $17.5B across more than 500 equity deals.
A total of 17 companies have reached a unicorn valuation of $1B or more. GRAIL, Oscar Health, and WeDoctor round out the top three most well-funded companies on the list.
Over 850 unique investors have funded the Digital Health 150, with F-Prime Capital, New Enterprise Associates, and Google Ventures taking the top three spots as the most active investors.
Of the 150 selected digital health startups, 116 are headquartered in the US. Those based outside the US include 17 from Asia and 16 from Europe.
100+ healthcare companies backed by china’s tech giants
China’s Baidu, Alibaba, and Tencent (BAT), along with the tech-forward insurance behemoth Ping An Insurance, are some of the world’s largest companies. Together, they represent $1.1T in market cap.
We recently dug into where these companies are placing their healthcare bets globally.
Clients can check out the brief here.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity