- Religion (Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Muslim, etc)
- Gender (Male, Female)
- Ethnicity (White, Black, Latino, Asian, etc)
- Marital status (Single, Married, Divorced)
- Annual income
- Political views (Republic, Democrat, Independent)
- University attended (Stanford, Harvard, etc)
What kinds of searches can you do with these filters?
Demographic filters are very new obviously (launched today) but we opened them up to a handful of test users earlier and have seen some interesting searches already being done. Here’s a couple of examples that combine our existing People Search filters with these new demographic criteria and show the level of targeting that is now possible:
Example 1 – Find C-level contacts (CEO, CFO, CIO, etc) at Silicon Valley-based big data companies who’ve received funding in the last year who are Jewish, Republican Harvard graduates making over $200k per annum.
Example 2 – Identify VP or Directors of Marketing at New York ad-tech companies who are divorced, white and either Hindu, Muslim or atheist.
If these new criteria help you land more clients, investments, etc, definitely let us know. And of course, if any new ideas for demographic filters we should add to People Search, please reach out.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity