The $30.5M Series E round brings Dedrone's total funding to $98M. Here are the top-line bullets you need to know.
Dedrone, a drone defense company, has raised $30.5M in a Series E round that drew participation from AQTON, Target Partners, Felicis, Axon, and TempoCap, among others.
HOW’S THE COMPANY PERFORMING?
- California-based Dedrone utilizes AI/ML technologies and sensors to detect, identify, and locate drones.
- It is capable of detecting drones from 65+ manufacturers as well as homemade drones without decoding telemetry data.
- Its technology is used by over 65 critical infrastructure sites, 10 Fortune 500 companies, 20 airports, and 50 correctional centers across 33 countries. The US Department of Defense, NASCAR Cup Series with Threat Management Group, Newcastle International Airport, Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall, and Consolidated Edison are included among its client base.
- This year, it has sold over 1,000 sensors and detected more than 200 varied drone types.
- The company maintains offices in the US, England, and Germany.
WHY DOES THE MARKET MATTER?
- The anti-drone market is expected to be valued at $2.4B by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 32.2%, according to Fortune Business Insights.
- The rising number of security breaches being committed by unidentified drones is driving market growth.