High growth private company financing saw a healthy increase in deal volume while total funding was flat vs. the prior week. California’s deal volume doubled compared to the previous week, reversing a three week trend of steady decline. The geographic breakdown of the week’s funding saw the usual suspects of California, Massachusetts and New York, returning once again to the top three positions. The top 5 weekly funding league table was rounded out by Washington and Pennsylvania. With last week’s tally, Washington has overtaken Texas as the fourth most funded location in the third quarter-to-date (QTD). Interactive charts on the past week’s dealflow are below (may take a second to load). To see profiles on the private companies receiving funding in the last week, logon to CB Insights.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity