Cycloramic, an app that uses haptic feedback to take 360 degree photographs, appeared on Shark Tank on Friday, Jan 31st, 2014. The app which was created by Atlanta-based Egos Ventures was offered $500k by two of the sharks, Mark Cuban and Lori Greiner, but perhaps the most valuable thing that Cycloramic got was exposure on national TV.
As our app data below shows, Cycloramic whose app costs $0.99 to $1.99 saw a great uptick due the Shark Tank Effect. The company jumped from 429 in the ‘Photo & Video’ category rankings before airing to a rank of 2 the day after. It continues to hold strong at 6 as of Feb. 3.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity