The funding will help Courier expand its product offering, with a focus on enhancing the mobile experience. Here are the top-line bullets you need to know.
Courier, a product notification development platform, has raised $35M in a Series B. The round drew participation from Google Ventures, Slack Fund, Twilio Ventures, Y Combinator, Matrix Partners, and Bessemer Venture Partners.
How’s the company performing?
- California-based Courier enables developers to build and send product notifications across multiple channels, such as text, email, mobile, and web.
- Along with the funding, the company announced the launch of its software development kit (SDK) for mobile notifications.
- It saw its annual recurring revenue (ARR) grow by 14x in 2021.
- The company currently caters to over 150 paying customers, including Color Health, Lattice, LaunchDarkly, and New Relic, and is supported by a team of 40 employees.
Why does the market matter?
- The global mobile application market is expected to reach a value of $407.3B by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 18.4%, according to Allied Market Research.
- The increased adoption of smart devices and e-commerce by consumers has driven growth in this market.