Tech exit activity was up in 2015, with 14% more exits in the year than the previous year, according to our 2015 Global Tech Exits Report. But how did those exits break down geographically? The US saw more than 1800 tech exits in 2015 leading all countries in IPO and M&A activity. European markets ranked high in exit activity as well with the United Kingdom, Germany, and France taking the number two, five, and six spots, respectively.
Using CB Insights data and analytics we highlight the top 52 markets globally by exit activity in 2015.
Top countries by exit
Outside the US and Canada (the number four market for tech exits), both European and Asian markets are well represented in 2015 tech exits.
Check out the top 52 countries ranked by the number exits below.
Want more data around tech exits? Login to CB Insights or sign up for free below.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity