Corporate investors aren’t just participating in a larger share of venture deals — they’re also in larger deals, period.
Average deal size with corporate venture participation has topped $21M+ in five of the last six quarters, according to CB Insights data. In contrast, overall venture deal sizes have remained under $17M in each quarter over the same period.
The largest deals involving corporate venture groups in the first half of 2015 span a variety of industries from enterprise SaaS (Slack, Zenefits) to bitcoin (21 Inc.) and e-commerce (Jet.com). The full list is below.
|Company||Funding ($M)||Date||Select CVCs|
|165||Apr-15||BBVA Ventures, Credit Suisse NEXT|
|130||Mar-15||Credit Suisse NEXT|
|128||May-15||Cisco Investments, Salesforce Ventures|
|125||Apr-15||American Express Ventures, Qualcomm Ventures|
|(21 Inc.)||111||Mar-15||Cisco Investments, Qualcomm Ventures|
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity