Consumer products like at-home fitness, gaming, and food & beverage garnered investor attention in Q1'20.
Investment activity increased in the consumer products space as investors expressed confidence in later-stage startups focused on alternative proteins, gaming, and fitness during the Covid-19 pandemic.
In Q1’20, funding in the consumer products space jumped 36% quarter-over-quarter, while deals fell 3%. In March alone, funding to consumer products increased 34% compared to February.
Mega-rounds ($100M+) drove investment activity to consumer startups in the quarter. Some of the largest deals in March included:
- a $500M Series F to Impossible Foods, a food tech company that offers plant-based protein alternatives
- a $200M Series D to mobile gaming studio Scopely
- a $110M Series E to CureFit, an India-based holistic health platform
For more insights and data, check out CB Insights’ State Of Consumer Products Q1’20 Report: Investment & Sector Trends To Watch.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity