Cloud computing, the offering of both electronic storage and computing power as a service, has been a hot topic the last couple of years. Our data shows that on average, VCs have poured in $620 million in 53 deals per quarter. Compared to Q1 2012, the most recent quarter’s VC deals and dollars to cloud computing companies are up 55% and 104%, respectively.
Cloud computing is divided between three categories: infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), and software as a service (SaaS). Later on, we will look into the breakdown of VC funding into cloud computing by category.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity