Venture financing activity to online luxury companies recently hit a 10 quarter high, but since online luxury includes everything from wine to fashion to cosmetics to household goods to travel, we wanted to peel back the numbers a bit and see what sub-sectors within online luxury are seeing the most financing. And perhaps unsurprisingly, the clear destination has been the clothing & accessories space which took 41% of all deals and 65% of VC dollars in Q2 2012.
Moreover, deal volumes for clothing & accessories has shown a consistent increasing trend over the last ten quarters, rising to a new high in Q2 2012. Online luxury retailers focused on household items were the second most popular destination for VC deals also almost hitting a ten quarter high.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity