Green / cleantech investments grew significantly in Q1 2010 after their Q4 2009 retreat. Green investments jumped 55% and 134% on a deals and dollars basis, respectively, vs. the prior quarter. The big dollar jump is attributable to a handful of mega-investments but deal count especially in the Energy/Renewables arena grew appreciably as well.
More details about greentech / cleantech deals in the past quarter can be found in the CB Insights Q1 2010 Venture Capital Activity Report.
To receive weekly dealflow data and other data on high growth private companies, sign up the free CB Insights newsletter.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity