To receive weekly dealflow data and future quarterly reports, sign up for the free CB Insights newsletter.
CB Insights’ data formed the basis of Ten Technology Incubators Changing the World that was featured on Forbes today. Excerpt below.
Entrepreneurship spurs economic growth, but how do you spur entrepreneurship?
Some of the biggest companies in the world, such as Hewlett Packard and Google were born in garages and basements–romantic, perhaps, but inefficient. A better option for intrepid entrepreneurs: technology incubators.
In the last few decades 300 of these facilities have sprung up in the U.S., many attached to universities. Incubators now host about 6,000 companies and provide a panoply of services, from expensive lab equipment to accounting and secretarial support.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity