Our summer interns from UPenn and Columbia used the CB Insights platform to analyze emerging trends in real estate tech, blockchain, AI, retail tech, healthcare, and drones.
The CB Insights research team welcomed three interns this summer – Kristen Tilley, Jimmy Xue, and Alyce Ge – who used the CB Insights platform to uncover and analyze early-stage trends in hot sectors.
Kristen and Jimmy are both part of the Jerome Fisher Program in Management & Technology at UPenn, a dual degree program that gives students the chance to earn concurrent degrees in business and in engineering. Alyce is majoring in applied mathematics at Columbia Engineering, and previously took time off from her studies to work full time in business development at Lucid Motors and in venture capital with Autotech Ventures.
The team leveraged CB Insights’ funding and investor data, media trackers, patents database, and startup momentum algorithms to dive into trends including:
- Startups using blockchain to reduce fraud in real estate and expedite transfer of real estate ownership
- The rise of fully automated convenience stores in China
- Shipping giants and military agencies backing underwater drone startups
- Startups helping CPG brands increase supply chain transparency with blockchain
- Virtual reality showing promise in mental health treatments
We’ve embedded the full deck below, which not only dives into all these trends and more, but also highlights some of the tools available on CB Insights. Interested in learning more or joining the team? Learn more about our platform here and check out our current job openings here.