Private company financing was a mixed bag as funding ($379 million) came in flat and deals (122) rose compared to the prior week. Despite a 50% decline versus the prior week, California held onto the top spot for funding. Illinois took over the second spot for the second time in the past three weeks. This past week was also the second largest single week of funding for Illinois this year. The Top 5 funding league table was rounded out by Massachusetts, Texas and New York. Activity continued to build in Massachusetts as the weekly funding total approached $60 million. Texas made its third appearance on the list since the start of the fourth quarter and set a new high for deals recorded in a week. Finally, New York returned to the funding list just edging out Georgia for the fifth spot. Interactive charts on the past week’s dealflow are below (they may take a second to load). To see profiles on the private companies receiving funding in the last week, logon to CB Insights.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity