High growth private company financing slipped last week as deal volume and funding were both down vs. the prior week. California was the top location for funding; however, weekly deal volume in California continued the decline we began to see starting in mid-July. Pennsylvania took hold of the second spot coming in just ahead of Massachusetts in weekly funding. The top 5 funding league table was rounded out by Washington and Texas. Texas set a new weekly high for deals in 2010. For the second week in a row, New York was out of the top 5 rankings. Interactive charts on the past week’s dealflow are below (may take a second to load). To see profiles on the private companies receiving funding in the last week, logon to CB Insights.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity