Private company financing saw a modest decline in funding ($341 million) and deal volume (103) compared to the prior week. California held onto the top spot for funding in dominant fashion. The Sunshine state bounced back from a relatively soft performance in the prior week with nearly 2x as much funding being received by private companies. Georgia took over the second spot with its second highest weekly funding total of the past six months. The Top 5 funding league table was rounded out by Massachusetts, Indiana and North Carolina. Massachusetts’ weekly funding total dropped by $20 million landing the state in the third spot for the third consecutive week. The funding list introduced another new player as Indiana joins for the first time this year. Interactive charts on the past week’s dealflow are below (they may take a second to load). To see profiles on the private companies receiving funding in the last week, logon to CB Insights.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity