Led by Lead Intelligence Analyst Kerry Wu
Auto tech funding quadrupled to over $4 billion in 2017, with three-quarters of that captured by the autonomous vehicle (AV) complex and its enabling technologies.
AV players have laid out aggressive commercialization plans for 2018, as competitors grapple with both technological and business challenges.
We’ll dive into the state of AVs and other mobility technologies converging to reinvent both urban and long-distance transportation.
In this briefing, we’ll cover key trends and startups to watch in 2018, including:
- The investments, M&A, and partnerships driving the AV and robotaxi race
- AV business models and commercialization efforts across auto incumbents, tech giants, and startups
- Developments along the auto value chain in retail, connectivity, sharing, and beyond
- Related trends in other transportation mediums and mobility at large
- Opportunities and threats rippling to other industries, from retail to real estate
Kerry Wu is a lead intelligence analyst at CB Insights, where he heads a team covering startup, venture capital, and emerging tech trends across mobility and emerging technologies. He manages CB Insights' Auto Tech newsletter, which currently reaches 20K+ auto and mobility executives, entrepreneurs, and investors.
His research has been featured in New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, The Economist, and Bloomberg. Prior to joining CB Insights, Kerry was a strategy consultant at Simon-Kucher & Partners. Kerry is a graduate of Columbia University.