Supply chains came into sharp focus this year, as the pandemic caused significant supply and demand volatility. Here's our top last-mile fulfillment, trucking, manufacturing, logistics, and supply chain research.
Executive attention to supply chain agility and resilience spiked this year in the wake of the pandemic. Leadership at companies ranging from BJ’s Wholesale and Office Depot to Apple and PepsiCo discussed their circumstances and positioning.
To help clients navigate this space, here’s our top retail supply chain, manufacturing, and logistics tech research from 2020. It includes market maps, trends reports, investment patterns, and detailed examination of tech providers and solutions to help survey the landscape and inform buying decisions.
Click the links below to find our most popular briefs in each area.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Supply chain & logistics
Covid-19 has caused unprecedented supply and demand volatility, upending global retail and consumer supply chains. A rising ecosystem of technology-focused trends and solutions is promoting supply chain resilience to address current market uncertainty, particularly for retailers and brands. We highlight the emerging supply chain trends in the briefs and reports below.
- Supply Chain & Logistics Tech Trends To Watch: Robotic Fulfillment, Returns Optimization, Digital Freight Forwarding, & More (downloadable report)
- Supply Chain & Logistics Tech In Numbers
- Where Smart Money VCs Are Placing Bets In Supply Chain & Logistics
- Tech Market Map Report: Supply Chain Optimization Tech (downloadable report)
Trucking & freight tech
Trucking accounts for more than 70% of freight transport within the US. However,
the industry remains highly fragmented and is ripe with inefficiencies, even pre-pandemic, with problems like a severe driver shortage and an aging workforce. Below, we cover everything you need to know in the trucking and freight tech industry, ranging from autonomous trucking providers to freight matching tech.
- Step On the Gas: 60+ Companies Working In Trucking Tech
- Where Smart Money VCs Are Placing Bets In Trucking Tech
- Autonomous Trucking: Providers And Solutions (downloadable report)
- What Shipping & Logistics Volatility Means For Samsara And Its Peers
- Digital Freight Forwarding: Providers And Solutions (downloadable report)
Last-mile fulfillment is becoming a critical capability for brick-and-mortar businesses. This trend has only been accelerated by Covid-19, as businesses depend on efficient last-mile logistics to deliver goods to customers. From micro-fulfillment centers, to autonomous delivery robots, to drones, we dig into the various companies and trends shaping the industry.
- Market Map: 50+ Startups Transforming Last-Mile Delivery
- Robotic Fulfillment Center Technologies: Providers And Solutions (downloadable report)
- The Next Shipping & Delivery Battleground: Why Amazon, Walmart, & Smaller Retailers Are Betting On Micro-Fulfillment
- On-Demand Warehousing: Providers And Solutions (downloadable report)
- Why Now For On-Demand Warehousing?
- 6 Early-Stage Startups Driving Efficiency In Last-Mile Delivery
- Virtual Kitchens Are A Bright Spot In Online Food Investment
- 7 Chinese Supply Chain Startups Streamlining Delivery
- Here’s What Target’s Acquisition Of Deliv Means For The Last-Mile Fulfillment Race
- Autonomous Last-Mile Delivery: Providers And Solutions (downloadable report)
- UPS And CVS Partner On Drone Delivery. Here’s What It Means For Last-Mile Logistics.
The pandemic has highlighted some of the major challenges facing manufacturers, across product design, demand predicting, inventory management, and more. Read more about the current vulnerabilities of global manufacturing, the current solutions, and the companies pioneering manufacturing tech in the briefs below.
- Manufacturing In The Post-Covid World: These 5 Emerging Technologies Could Reshape The Factory
- How Artificial Intelligence Is Automating And Personalizing The Consumer Products Industry
- 5 Startups Using 3D Printing Software To Maximize Efficiency In Product Design And Manufacturing
- How Manufacturers Are Using Artificial Intelligence For Faster, More Cost-Effective Product Design
- How Manufacturers Can Use AI To Lower Risk In Sourcing And Procurement
- 3 Ways AI Is Speeding Up Production And Assembly In Manufacturing
- 5 Predictive Maintenance Startups Improving Efficiency In Manufacturing
- What GM’s Ventilator Push Says About Resilience And Flexibility In Manufacturing
- These 10 Disinfection Startups Could Help Reopen Factories, Warehouses, And Other Large-Scale Facilities
If you aren’t already a client, sign up for a free trial to learn more about our platform.