When Cycloramic received an investment from Mark Cuban on Shark Tank, its app saw a huge jump. And when New York-based food delivery startup Plated – which doesn’t offer a mobile app – went on the show, a different Plated app saw a spike in the App Store ranks courtesy of the Shark Tank.
Now, it appears the Shark Tank Effect has hit a third venture-backed company. The Bouqs Company is an online flower delivery startup seeded by investors including Siemer Ventures and Quest Venture Partners last June. On Friday, the Venice, CA-based company appeared on ABC’s The Shark Tank and while generating some interest, they didn’t get any of the sharks to bite.
Despite receiving ‘no deal’, The Bouqs Company did receive a nice, big bump in the App Store for its flower-ordering app, jumping to No. 90 in the ‘Utilities’ category on May 3 after ranking at No. 951 on April 29. Below is the App Store rank chart for The Bouqs Company over the last month. Note: This visualization was taken directly from the company’s ‘Performance’ tab, available to CB Insights subscribers in the Division or greater plans.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity