What happened to the tech companies that raised the largest VC or growth equity rounds in 2008? Company details below. Eight of the 20 companies on the list exited while the rest are alive today. We already looked at 2007’s largest financings in our first edition of TBT.
Here’s how TBT 2008 stacks up.
*These companies had multiple large rounds during this time period
The companies in this list are all venture-backed, and multiple deals within a series were grouped together. Debt and Grant rounds were not included.
Want to track financing activity to private companies? Login to the CB Insights venture capital database or create a free account below.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity