What happened to the tech companies that raised the largest VC or growth equity rounds in 2007? In our first ever, VC-edition of Throwback Thursday, we dig in to find that nine of the 20 companies exited and 2 went under. The other 9 are still alive and kicking.
*VMware also had a $150M funding round from Cisco Systems
The companies in this list are all venture-backed.
Want to track financing activity to private companies? Login or create a free account below.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity