What happened to the tech companies that raised the largest VC or growth equity rounds in 2011? In this latest installment of Throwback Thursday, we take a look.
Some interesting points:
- Of the 19 companies on the list, there were 10 exits, of which were 9 IPOs. The other 9 companies are still alive and kicking.
- Digital Sky Technologies appears the most times on this list and was involved in the 4 largest deals of the year as well as AirBnB.
- Facebook’s enormous round was larger than Groupon and Zynga combined
- Total investment in these deals amounts to more than $6B
Here’s how TBT 2011 stacks up.
*This company had multiple large rounds during this time
Want more financing and exit information? Check out our venture capital database or sign up below
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity