SV Angel, Sequoia Capital and IA Ventures round out the top 3 for most active investors into Big Data companies.
As we’d previously highlighted, companies in the Big Data industry have received $4.9 billion in funding since 2008. With that amount of funding flowing to big data companies, we wanted to look into who the most active acquirers into Big Data companies were and the field was led by SV Angel which was followed by Sequoia Capital and IA Ventures. Here are the 10 most active investors into the Big Data sector.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity