Big data is now being used in everything from HR to finance to agriculture. Yes - the nebulous buzzword has become a real thing.
Big Data is everywhere it seems. From the data aggregation and analysis of cancer patient data to assessing credit risk, there are a vast array of areas that startups are attacking. Here’s a quick mapping of some of the areas that big data companies are attacking and a handful of notable players in each.
Want to track big data financing and companies? Check our our venture capital database below.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity