To receive weekly dealflow data and news of high growth private companies, sign up for the free CB Insights newsletter.
The list of cities that receive the most venture capital is typically dominated by several cities in California and also features Cambridge, Massachusetts and New York, NY. These cities are the unsurprising usual suspects. At times, other cities make their way in but one city outside of the big 3 states that consistently appears on the top 10 cities of venture capital is Austin, Texas. In fact, on a number of venture capital deals basis, Austin ranked 4th in Q1 2010.
Austin’s venture capital strength comes on the back of diversity from both a sector and stage of investment perspective. The below graphs break down the city’s venture capital statistics by sector and series of investment.
More discussion about venture capital geographic trends can be seen at the following:
To see Austin’s venture capital deals and the venture capital investors funding promising young companies in Austin, logon to CB Insights.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity