In early October, Atlas Venture, the Cambridge, Mass.- based venture capital firm, announced that it would be splitting its life sciences and tech practices. Prior to the announcement, Atlas Venture wrapped up a huge quarter. According to CB Insights data for Q3 2014 venture capital, Atlas was the third most active VC in the quarter.
The chart below highlights the most active venture capital investors over the three-month period. NEA led VC investors by U.S. deals in Q3 2014 including stealthy Jet.com, DataRobot and Branch Metrics among others. The top 3 was rounded out by KPCB and Andreessen Horowitz, which tied with Atlas for the third spot.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity