The billion-dollar club in America is getting less exclusive, but what’s happening in Asia? Eleven private VC-backed companies currently have billion-dollar valuations as listed in the table below. Israel was not included in this analysis. Interesting points:
- 9 of the 11 companies on this list are e-commerce companies
- IDG Capital Partners, QiMing Venture Partners, Temasek Holdings, and Accel Partners have each invested in 3 companies on this list.
- More than half of the companies are located in China
- Xiaomi, VANCL, Lashou Group, and Dianping reached billion-dollar valuations in 2011, while Avito, Coupang, Snapdeal, Mogujie and Yello Mobile reached billion-dollar valuations in 2014.
Want to track Asian investment and M&A activity real-time? Check out the CB Insights Venture Capital Database. Sign up free below.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity