To receive weekly dealflow data and news of high growth private companies, sign up for the free CB Insights newsletter.
While early-stage venture capital internet deals get their share of attention, and activity has stayed healthy, the trend over the last five quarters shows that as a % of total internet deals, venture capital deals in mid- and late-stage internet companies are trumping their early-stage brethren. While the % of deals in early-stage has stayed within a tight range, Q1 2010 was the lowest percentage in five quarters going back to Q1 2009’s venture capital activity. (Note: Early stage is defined as those investments by firms into companies which are young and which have not received institutional funding before)
The trend over the last five quarters leveraging CB Insights’ deal data can be seen below.
For more information on early, mid- and late-stage internet deals, logon onto CB Insights and use the deal search tab to specify deal characteristics of interest to identify companies of interest.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity