Angel investor median deal sizes fall while valuations hold steady. 3 out of every 4 deals are syndicated.
CB Insights, in conjunction with Silicon Valley Bank and the Angel Resource Institute, recently released the Q2 2013 Halo Report. The full 27-page angel investing report includes breakdowns by industry and geography as well as valuation trends. In addition, the most active angel groups for Q2 are named.
Highlights of the Q2 2013 Halo Report include:
- Median Deal Size Dips to 5-Quarter Low. Deal size momentum that began in 2012 hit a wall in Q2 falling to $590k, representing a five-quarter low.
- Valuations Remain Steady. Despite falling deal sizes, pre-money valuations remain steady in Q2 at $2.5M.
- 3 out of Every 4 Deals are Local and Syndicated. Angel groups like to invest in-state (72%) and alongside others (74%). Both of these trends have withstood the test of time.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity