This is a preview of CB Insights' client-only report on Amazon's upcoming retail innovations and what it means for brands and retailers. Clients can check out the report here. To become a client and get access to this exclusive report, sign up here.
To unpack where Amazon’s going next in retail — and what the implications are for brands and retailers — CB Insights analyzed Amazon’s recent acquisitions, investments, patent activity, and major moves across discovery, shopping, and fulfillment.
We uncover inventions that will likely impact brands and competing retailers in the coming years, and provide insights on how to plan ahead for these potential disruptions.
- Navigating Amazon
- What is Amazon the retailer already building?
- From today to tomorrow: Amazon’s unfolding investments and how brands can plan ahead of disruption
Here are some of the Key Takeaways from the report Amazon’s Next Retail Moves: How Brands Can Prepare:
Shoppable media, 3D Rendering, and voice suggestions are going to change discovery for brands and retailers on Amazon.
- Brands need to get ready for discovery in new and varied channels, new types of video content and delivery, and much more dynamic and cross-channel search functionality.
Virtual testing, personal assistants, and gesture-based AR shopping could one day be better than in-store.
- Stores will need to move beyond product display to more immersive experiences. IoT devices and packaging should no longer be afterthoughts.
Automated and near-immediate delivery via autonomus vehicles and robots will once again redefine shopper expectations around fulfillment.
- Product customization on the fly is imminent. There will also be an increasing focus on geographically targeted marketing. Who are your customers in a very closely defined area?