The funding brings Airlift to a $275M valuation. Here are the top-line bullets you need to know.
Airlift, an online delivery platform, has raised $85M in Series B funding. The round drew participation from investors like Quiet Capital and Indus Valley Capital, among others.
How’s the company performing?
- Lahore-based Airlift operates a network of dark stores and online platform where customers can order groceries and household essential like medicine and have them delivered in less than 30 minutes.
- The company pivoted its operations from transit services to quick commerce during the pandemic.
- Airlift operates over 30 dark stores and processes more than 100K orders every month.
- The company’s services are available in 8 cities, including Islamabad, Karachi, and Lahore, and it has over 100 employees.
Why does the market matter?
- The global online food delivery market is expected to reach $63.6B in 2025, growing at a CAGR of 15.4%, according to Grand View Research.
- Increasing smartphone penetration, changing consumer lifestyles, growth of quick commerce, and the impact of Covid-19 have contributed to the industry’s growth.