Average and median Ad Tech M&A valuation multiples have climbed since 2012.
M&A valuation multiples for private Ad Tech companies who provide services ranging from ad network optimization to personalized display ads to mobile ad exchanges have seen an incredibly broad range of values since 2010. Over the period, the average P/S ratio within Ad Tech M&A has stood as 6.0x and the median at 4.3x with a range of 0.1x to 28x. (Note: this data is available on CB Insights using valuation multiples search.)
Over time, overall median and average Ad Tech M&A valuation multiples have ticked up. In 2010 and 2011, the average P/S multiple held at 5.6x and the median at 4.3x, but since 2012 the average and median have bumped up to 6.7x and 6.5x, respectively. The chart below highlights the distribution of M&A valuation ranges since 2010.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity