The venture capital investors that startups encounter and pitch to can vary widely depending on stage – and sector. And so we wanted to compile a list of the most active tech VC investors from last year using CB Insights data.
At the early-stage, 500 Startups tops the list of most active tech VC investors in U.S.-based startups (and most active tech investors overall) from last year followed by Andreessen Horowitz and Google Ventures, who each participated in over 60 U.S. seed or Series A deals. The top 5 was rounded out by SV Angel and Lerer Ventures, NY’s most active VC firm.
At the mid-stage, Waltham-MA based Battery Ventures comes out on top – followed by Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, NEA and Intel Capital by most U.S. Series B and Series C tech deals last year, respectively.
To see all the deals that make up the above tech investor league tables, check out the CB Insights Venture Capital Database. Sign up for free below.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity