2014 had 630 VC-backed tech exits globally and in terms of sheer quantity, no VC had more than Accel Partners.
Accel Partners had over 25 tech exits in 2014 including Dropcam which Nest acquired for $555M in June and the public offering of OPOWER which valued them at over $900M. It also included international transactions like Myntra, an India-based eCommerce portal which was acquired by FlipKart for $343M.
Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers rounded out the top 3 with over 15 exits including JingDong, which went public at a valution north of $20B.
The full list of the top VC investors in 2014 by exited tech companies below.
Want more data around tech exits? Login to CB Insights or sign up for free below.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity