The funding helps the company strengthen its position in the last-mile delivery market. Here are the top-line bullets you need to know.
99 minutos, a logistics and delivery company, has raised $40M in a Series B round that drew participation from Prosus and Kaszek Ventures.
HOW’S THE COMPANY PERFORMING?
- Mexico-based 99 minutos is a last-mile delivery service provider for e-commerce companies offering 4 modes of delivery – 99-minute delivery, same-day delivery, next-day delivery, and carbon-free delivery – facilitated through its online platform.
- The company operates in 40 markets across Mexico, Chile, Colombia, and Peru, shipping around 60 to 80 packages per route.
- Some of its major customers include Virgin Mobile, Amazon, Walmart, and Denda.
Source: 99 minutos
WHY DOES THE MARKET MATTER?
- The global logistics market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.5% and reach a value of $12.976Tby 2027, according to Allied Market Research.
- The global supply chain and logistics technology segment witnessed more than 400 deals in 2020.
- The pandemic has accelerated the growth of online retail in 2020 and caused an increase in demand for consumer packaged goods, medical supplies, and other consumer goods.
Want the full post? Become a CB Insights customer.
If you’re already a customer, log in here.