Predict your next investment

Sovereign Wealth Fund
FINANCE | Investment Firms & Funds
qia.qa

See what CB Insights has to offer

Investments

65

Portfolio Exits

21

Partners & Customers

5

Service Providers

1

About Qatar Investment Authority

The Qatar Investment Authority (QIA) was founded by the State of Qatar in 2005 to strengthen the country's economy by diversifying into new asset classes. Building on the heritage of Qatar investments dating back more than three decades, its growing portfolio of long-term strategic investments help complement the state's huge wealth in natural resources. Qatar's goal is to become a major international centre for finance and investment management, a vision shared by its government, people and institutions. Headquartered in Doha, the QIA is structured to operate at the very highest levels of global investing. As a world class investor, the QIA adheres to the strictest financial and commercial disciplines. It has a strong track record of investing in different asset classes, including listed securities, property, alternative assets and private equity in all the major capital markets as well as the newer emerging markets.

Qatar Investment Authority Headquarter Location

P.O. Box 23224

Doha,

Qatar

+974 44995919

Predict your next investment

The CB Insights tech market intelligence platform analyzes millions of data points on venture capital, startups, patents , partnerships and news mentions to help you see tomorrow's opportunities, today.

Expert Collections containing Qatar Investment Authority

Expert Collections are analyst-curated lists that highlight the companies you need to know in the most important technology spaces.

Find Qatar Investment Authority in 1 Expert Collection, including Sovereign Wealth Funds.

S

Sovereign Wealth Funds

22 items

The world's most active sovereign wealth funds investing in private tech companies.

Qatar Investment Authority Web Traffic

Rank
Page Views per User (PVPU)
Page Views per Million (PVPM)
Reach per Million (RPM)
CBI Logo

Qatar Investment Authority Rank

Research containing Qatar Investment Authority

Get data-driven expert analysis from the CB Insights Intelligence Unit.

CB Insights Intelligence Analysts have mentioned Qatar Investment Authority in 2 CB Insights research briefs, most recently on Jun 26, 2019.

Latest Qatar Investment Authority News

COFIDES and Qatar Investment Authority Sign MoU on Spain and Qatar Investment Opportunities

May 19, 2022

Compañía Española de Financiación del Desarrollo (COFIDES) is a Spanish state-owned financial institution. COFIDES and Qatar Investment Authority (QIA), the sovereign wealth fund of the State of Qatar, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) which will focus on the identification of potential joint investment opportunities in both Spain and Qatar. This MoU will enable both…

Qatar Investment Authority Investments

65 Investments

Qatar Investment Authority has made 65 investments. Their latest investment was in Starling Bank as part of their Secondary Market on April 4, 2022.

CBI Logo

Qatar Investment Authority Investments Activity

investments chart

Date

Round

Company

Amount

New?

Co-Investors

Sources

4/26/2022

Secondary Market

Starling Bank

$164.24M

No

3

4/19/2022

PIPE

Bioxcel Therapeutics

$5M

Yes

6

4/19/2022

Series B

Sionna Therapeutics

$111M

Yes

4

2/28/2022

Series D

Subscribe to see more

$99M

Subscribe to see more

10

2/23/2022

Secondary Market

Subscribe to see more

Subscribe to see more

10

Date

4/26/2022

4/19/2022

4/19/2022

2/28/2022

2/23/2022

Round

Secondary Market

PIPE

Series B

Series D

Secondary Market

Company

Starling Bank

Bioxcel Therapeutics

Sionna Therapeutics

Subscribe to see more

Subscribe to see more

Amount

$164.24M

$5M

$111M

$99M

New?

No

Yes

Yes

Subscribe to see more

Subscribe to see more

Co-Investors

Sources

3

6

4

10

10

Qatar Investment Authority Portfolio Exits

21 Portfolio Exits

Qatar Investment Authority has 21 portfolio exits. Their latest portfolio exit was American Express Global Business Travel on December 03, 2021.

Date

Exit

Companies

Valuation
Valuations are submitted by companies, mined from state filings or news, provided by VentureSource, or based on a comparables valuation model.

Acquirer

Sources

12/3/2021

Acq - Pending

$99M

6

10/29/2021

IPO

$99M

7

10/28/2021

IPO

5

9/29/2021

IPO

Subscribe to see more

Subscribe to see more

10

9/21/2021

IPO

Subscribe to see more

$99M

Subscribe to see more

10

Date

12/3/2021

10/29/2021

10/28/2021

9/29/2021

9/21/2021

Exit

Acq - Pending

IPO

IPO

IPO

IPO

Companies

Subscribe to see more

Subscribe to see more

Valuation

$99M

$99M

$99M

Acquirer

Subscribe to see more

Subscribe to see more

Sources

6

7

5

10

10

Qatar Investment Authority Acquisitions

7 Acquisitions

Qatar Investment Authority acquired 7 companies. Their latest acquisition was Flipkart on July 12, 2021.

Date

Investment Stage

Companies

Valuation
Valuations are submitted by companies, mined from state filings or news, provided by VentureSource, or based on a comparables valuation model.

Total Funding

Note

Sources

7/12/2021

Other

$99M

$6,186.05M

Corporate Majority - IV

111

6/30/2019

Subscribe to see more

$99M

Subscribe to see more

10

12/29/2017

Series A

Subscribe to see more

$99M

$99M

Subscribe to see more

10

12/8/2016

Subscribe to see more

$99M

Subscribe to see more

10

10/18/2016

Subscribe to see more

$99M

Subscribe to see more

10

Date

7/12/2021

6/30/2019

12/29/2017

12/8/2016

10/18/2016

Investment Stage

Other

Series A

Companies

Subscribe to see more

Subscribe to see more

Subscribe to see more

Subscribe to see more

Valuation

$99M

$99M

$99M

$99M

$99M

Total Funding

$6,186.05M

$99M

Note

Corporate Majority - IV

Subscribe to see more

Subscribe to see more

Subscribe to see more

Subscribe to see more

Sources

111

10

10

10

10

Qatar Investment Authority Partners & Customers

5 Partners and customers

Qatar Investment Authority has 5 strategic partners and customers. Qatar Investment Authority recently partnered with BRF on December 12, 2021.

Date

Type

Business Partner

Country

News Snippet

Sources

12/13/2021

Partner

Brazil

Brazil’s BRF says QIA put option on TBQ JV has been eliminated

According to the statement , both companies signed an amendment with new terms and conditions for their partnership , in which BRF SA holds a 60 % stake and Qatar Investment Authority the other 40 % .

1

1/7/2021

Partner

Italy

Subscribe to see more

Subscribe to see more

10

9/17/2020

Partner

Switzerland

Subscribe to see more

Subscribe to see more

10

10/28/2015

Partner

United States

Subscribe to see more

Subscribe to see more

10

10/28/2015

Partner

United States

Subscribe to see more

Subscribe to see more

10

Date

12/13/2021

1/7/2021

9/17/2020

10/28/2015

10/28/2015

Type

Partner

Partner

Partner

Partner

Partner

Business Partner

Country

Brazil

Italy

Switzerland

United States

United States

News Snippet

Brazil’s BRF says QIA put option on TBQ JV has been eliminated

According to the statement , both companies signed an amendment with new terms and conditions for their partnership , in which BRF SA holds a 60 % stake and Qatar Investment Authority the other 40 % .

Subscribe to see more

Subscribe to see more

Subscribe to see more

Subscribe to see more

Subscribe to see more

Subscribe to see more

Subscribe to see more

Subscribe to see more

Sources

1

10

10

10

10

Qatar Investment Authority Service Providers

1 Service Provider

Qatar Investment Authority has 1 service provider relationship

Service Provider

Associated Rounds

Provider Type

Service Type

Corporate Minority

Investment Bank

Financial Advisor

Service Provider

Associated Rounds

Corporate Minority

Provider Type

Investment Bank

Service Type

Financial Advisor

Partnership data by VentureSource

Qatar Investment Authority Team

4 Team Members

Qatar Investment Authority has 4 team members, including current Chief Executive Officer, Mansoor Bin Ebrahim Al-Mahmoud.

Name

Work History

Title

Status

Mansoor Bin Ebrahim Al-Mahmoud

Chief Executive Officer

Current

Altaf Ismail

Chief Executive Officer

Current

Phil Dunne

Chief Financial Officer

Current

Hassan bin Abdulla Al Thawadi

Chief Financial Officer

Current

Name

Mansoor Bin Ebrahim Al-Mahmoud

Altaf Ismail

Phil Dunne

Hassan bin Abdulla Al Thawadi

Work History

Title

Chief Executive Officer

Chief Executive Officer

Chief Financial Officer

Chief Financial Officer

Status

Current

Current

Current

Current

Discover the right solution for your team

The CB Insights tech market intelligence platform analyzes millions of data points on vendors, products, partnerships, and patents to help your team find their next technology solution.

Request a demo

CBI websites generally use certain cookies to enable better interactions with our sites and services. Use of these cookies, which may be stored on your device, permits us to improve and customize your experience. You can read more about your cookie choices at our privacy policy here. By continuing to use this site you are consenting to these choices.