Predict your next investment

Socar company logo
Corporation
MOBILE & TELECOMMUNICATIONS | Mobile Commerce / Travel (mobile)
socar.kr

See what CB Insights has to offer

Founded Year

2011

Stage

Private Equity - II | Alive

Total Raised

$270.19M

Valuation

$0000 

Last Raised

$52.52M | 1 yr ago

Mosaic Score

+100 points in the past 30 days

What is a Mosaic Score?
The Mosaic Score is an algorithm that measures the overall financial health and market potential of private companies.

About Socar

Socar is a car-sharing service in South Korea.

Socar Headquarter Location

Orasam-dong 42 Yeonmi-gil

Jeju-do,

South Korea

+82 1661-3315

Latest Socar News

SOCAR raised new investors EastBridge Partners & Sime Darby led US $55 M in Series B

Sep 18, 2021

SOCAR, a Malaysian car-sharing platform, announced today that it has secured up to US$55 million in a Series B investment round led by EastBridge Partners of South Korea and Malaysian multinational Sime Darby Berhad. This is EastBridge Partners and Sime Darby’s first investment in SOCAR, with a valuation of US$213 million. SOCAR now has a total of US$73 million in its bank account as a result of this fundraising round. According to a press release, the investment will be split into two tranches, with 60% paid upfront and the remaining 40% paid out based on agreed-upon terms. SOCAR intends to utilize the funds to support ongoing technological improvements, the implementation of clean mobility projects, and the expansion of its peer-to-peer car-sharing platform TREVO. “We will utilise these funds to supercharge our vision of multiflex mobility and bring the convenience of car-sharing to more people across Southeast Asia. As countries move into new phases of post-COVID-19 recovery, we are committed to using our TREVO platform to create more economic opportunities for car owners while leveraging the supply of vehicles on our platform to remind consumers what it’s like to be free to travel again in the comfort of their own private space, in a vehicle of their choice,” said SOCAR CEO Leon Foong. The firm is behind the car-sharing software SOCAR and the P2P car-sharing marketplace TREVO, which was launched in Malaysia in January 2018 as a joint venture between SK Inc and Socar Inc. In February 2020, it completed a US $18 million Series A financing round. Eugene Private Equity Co. Ltd. and KH Energy Co. Ltd. are among the investors in this round of investment. According to the firm, its SOCAR platform includes 2,200 automobiles in 36 distinct models in over 1,000 locations across Selangor, Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Johor, Ipoh, and Melaka. On its TREVO platform, it presently has close to 6,400 automobile listings in Malaysia and Indonesia’s biggest cities. Prior to this round of funding, SOCAR collaborated on the ‘Fund Your Drive’ initiative with Sime Darby Auto Selection (SDAS), a multi-brand used vehicle dealer under Sime Darby Motors. SHARE

Predict your next investment

The CB Insights tech market intelligence platform analyzes millions of data points on venture capital, startups, patents , partnerships and news mentions to help you see tomorrow's opportunities, today.

Research containing Socar

Get data-driven expert analysis from the CB Insights Intelligence Unit.

CB Insights Intelligence Analysts have mentioned Socar in 1 CB Insights research brief, most recently on Mar 3, 2021.

Expert Collections containing Socar

Expert Collections are analyst-curated lists that highlight the companies you need to know in the most important technology spaces.

Socar is included in 5 Expert Collections, including On-Demand.

O

On-Demand

1,283 items

M

Mobility-as-a-Service

548 items

Companies developing solutions to streamline the way people move themselves. Includes companies providing on-demand access to passenger vehicles and micromobility solutions as well as companies integrating multiple modes of transport, including public transit, into one service.

U

Unicorns- Billion Dollar Startups

832 items

E

E-Commerce

8,471 items

A

Auto Commerce

529 items

Companies involved in the rental, selling, trading, or purchasing of cars, RVs, trucks, and fleets, including auto financing companies, vehicle auction services, online classified advertising companies with a focus on auto, and dealership software platforms.

Socar Web Traffic

Rank
Page Views per User (PVPU)
Page Views per Million (PVPM)
Reach per Million (RPM)
CBI Logo

Socar Rank

CB Insights uses Cookies

CBI websites generally use certain cookies to enable better interactions with our sites and services. Use of these cookies, which may be stored on your device, permits us to improve and customize your experience. You can read more about your cookie choices at our privacy policy here. By continuing to use this site you are consenting to these choices.