Predict your next investment

Scape Group company logo
BUSINESS PRODUCTS & SERVICES | Consulting & Outsourcing / Project Management
scapegroup.co.uk

See what CB Insights has to offer

About Scape Group

Scape Group is a public-sector owned procurement organization that offers a suite of direct award frameworks, property services, and design solutions. It is based in Nottingham, England.

Scape Group Headquarter Location

2nd Floor, City Gate West

Nottingham, England, NG1 5AT,

United Kingdom

Latest Scape Group News

Scape profits swell 150%

Nov 18, 2021

Scape profits swell 150% Scape profits swell 150% 1 hour Scape Group, the local-authority-owned construction purchasing organisation, made more than £6m profit last year on less than £15m turnover. Scape had a re-branding last year. This is the new logo it bought. Scape’s financial returns are at a level its suppliers in the construction industry can only dream of. In the year to 31st March 2021 Scape made a pre-tax profit of £6.1m on turnover of £14.7m, with an operating margin of 38%. In the previous year it made £2.4m before tax on turnover of £11.8m. Thus between the beginning of April 2020 and the end of March 2021 – the very 12-month period in which the impact of the Covid pandemic on the UK economy and its construction industry was at its most severe – Scape grew its profits by 150% and its turnover by 25%. Scape also owns 80% of Arc Property Services Partnership, which made a £496,000 pre-tax loss last year on £39.4m turnover. Nottinghamshire County Council, Arc’s sole customer, owns the other 20%. Scape is jointly owned by Nottinghamshire County Council, Nottingham City Council, Derbyshire County Council, Derby City Council, Warwickshire County Council and Gateshead Council. During the year Scape paid no dividend to its shareholders but recharged expenses of £1.1m to Arc Property Services Partnership. Got a story? Email news@theconstructionindex.co.uk

Predict your next investment

The CB Insights tech market intelligence platform analyzes millions of data points on venture capital, startups, patents , partnerships and news mentions to help you see tomorrow's opportunities, today.

CB Insights uses Cookies

CBI websites generally use certain cookies to enable better interactions with our sites and services. Use of these cookies, which may be stored on your device, permits us to improve and customize your experience. You can read more about your cookie choices at our privacy policy here. By continuing to use this site you are consenting to these choices.