Predict your next investment

INTERNET | Internet Software & Services / Education & Training
opencolleges.edu.au

See what CB Insights has to offer

Founded Year

1910

Stage

Acquired | Acquired

About Open Colleges Australia

Open Colleges has been helping people from all walks of life to launch, change or accelerate their careers. Open Colleges is Australia's largest private distance education provider with a strong focus on quality, innovation and student support. Open Colleges offers an extensive range of nationally recognized and government approved qualifications, spanning diverse disciplines and industries. Open Colleges focuses on meeting the specific needs of adult learners by delivering highly flexible, accessible and affordable learning opportunities. Open Colleges' learning model provides learners with ultimate control – they are empowered to study anywhere, anytime and at their own pace. With unprecedented take-up of online learning in Australia, Open Colleges continues to be the pioneer in open learning in Australia. Open Colleges Australia comprises three institutions: Open Colleges; Integrated Care & Management Training; and College of Fashion Design.

Open Colleges Australia Headquarter Location

7/280 Elizabeth St

Surry Hills, New South Wales, 2010,

Australia

Latest Open Colleges Australia News

Apollo Global establishes foothold in Australia

Dec 20, 2013

Apollo Global Inc. is paying $98.5 million in cash for Open Colleges Australia Pty Ltd. in an effort to get a foothold into the Pacific Rim. The wholly owned subsidiary of Phoenix-based Apollo Education Group Inc. (Nasdaq; APOL) has agreed to purchase 70 percent of the outstanding shares of Open Colleges for $98.5.5 million in cash, plus contingent payments of up to $47 million, based on 2014 operating results. The Phoenix company also has an option to purchase the remaining 30 percent in

Predict your next investment

The CB Insights tech market intelligence platform analyzes millions of data points on venture capital, startups, patents , partnerships and news mentions to help you see tomorrow's opportunities, today.

CB Insights uses Cookies

CBI websites generally use certain cookies to enable better interactions with our sites and services. Use of these cookies, which may be stored on your device, permits us to improve and customize your experience. You can read more about your cookie choices at our privacy policy here. By continuing to use this site you are consenting to these choices.