Menlo Park man cuts and burns his face and hand in firework accident
Jul 3, 2020
July 3, 2020 at 4:25 p.m.
A 20-year-old male was transported to the hospital after a firework accident left him with burns to his face and hand Thursday night, according to the Menlo Park Fire Protection District. First responders were called to the front of a building on the 2900 block of Calvin Avenue in unincorporated North Fair Oaks at 10:58 p.m. on Thursday, the district said in a news release. There, Captain/Paramedic Chris Dennebaum and his crew found a man with lacerations and burns to his face and hand from a glass bottle that exploded with fireworks inside it. “His eye was completely swollen shut, especially with the underlying burns and lacerations caused by the glass and explosive devices gun powder and packing material,” Dennebaum said in a statement. Two of the fire engines and the ladder truck sent to the scene because of the report of an explosion were turned around, and the victim was taken in an ambulance to Stanford Hospital. Related Articles