- Excellent strategic leader
- Strong network with VC and startup community
- Demonstrated track record of Tier 1 VC returns in over $250M of venture investments
- Demonstrated track record in leading and executing $1.5B of M&A transactions
- Experienced in Directorships and Advisory roles on Boards of startups
- Experienced in venture investments in a wide range of sectors: Enterprise AI, Cloud Simulation/CAE, Gaming, Sensors, Biometrics, 5G, Wireless Connectivity, AR/VR/XR, IoT
Marc Andreessen is a cofounder and general partner at the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz. He is an innovator and creator, one of the few to pioneer a software category used by more than a billion people and one of the few to establish multiple billion-dollar companies.
Marc co-created the highly influential Mosaic internet browser and co-founded Netscape, which later sold to AOL for $4.2 billion. He also co-founded Loudcloud, which as Opsware, sold to Hewlett-Packard for $1.6 billion. He later served on the board of Hewlett-Packard from 2008 to 2018.
Marc holds a BS in Computer Science from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Marc serves on the board of the following Andreessen Horowitz portfolio companies: Applied Intuition, Carta, Dialpad, Honor, OpenGov, and Samsara. He is also on the board of Facebook.