Search company, investor...

Genesis Colors

Founded Year



Corporate Minority - II | Alive

Total Raised




Last Raised

$6.32M | 4 yrs ago

About Genesis Colors

Genesis Colors offers Indian fashion designer labels. Genesis Colors sells its various brands through 98 exclusive outlets across India and through large format retail stores and other distribution channels.

Headquarters Location

52, Udyog Vihar Phase IV



91 124 418 1111

Missing: Genesis Colors's Product Demo & Case Studies

Promote your product offering to tech buyers.

Reach 1000s of buyers who use CB Insights to identify vendors, demo products, and make purchasing decisions.

Missing: Genesis Colors's Product & Differentiators

Don’t let your products get skipped. Buyers use our vendor rankings to shortlist companies and drive requests for proposals (RFPs).

Latest Genesis Colors News

Reliance ups stake in Genesis Colors, Raghavendra Rathore’s fashion firm

Feb 8, 2019

By SHARE Billionaire Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Industries Ltd said on Friday it has increased its stake in luxury fashion retailer Genesis Colors Ltd and a company set up by fashion designer Raghavendra Rathore. Reliance Brands Ltd, a subsidiary of Reliance Industries, acquired an additional stake of 2.5% in Rathore’s Future101 Design Pvt. Ltd for Rs 1.99 crore, taking its total stake to 15%. Separately, another unit Reliance Retail Ventures Ltd acquired an additional stake of 9.44% in Genesis Colors for Rs 45 crore, taking its total stake to 29.07%. Reliance Brands now owns a 43.66% stake in Genesis Colors while the total stake of the two RIL units is 72.73%. The acquisitions will help the company strengthen its presence in the retail industry and support its long-term strategy to enhance its value in the retail industry, Reliance Industries said in a stock-exchange filing.

Genesis Colors Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

  • When was Genesis Colors founded?

    Genesis Colors was founded in 1998.

  • What is Genesis Colors's latest funding round?

    Genesis Colors's latest funding round is Corporate Minority - II.

  • How much did Genesis Colors raise?

    Genesis Colors raised a total of $14.18M.

  • Who are the investors of Genesis Colors?

    Investors of Genesis Colors include Reliance Industries, Sequoia Capital India and Mayfield.

  • Who are Genesis Colors's competitors?

    Competitors of Genesis Colors include Lloyds Luxuries and 4 more.

Compare Genesis Colors to Competitors


Thevasa manufactures and retails apparel and accessories. The company offers kurtas, pants, dupattas and stoles, ceramic pots, sarees, and more. It was founded in 2020 and is based in New Delhi, India.


Samasta is an online shop that offers sarees, dresses, tunics, tops, and other accessories for women. It is based in Chennai, India.

Purple Panchi

Purple Panchi is a private-label brand that offers ethnic wear. Its product catalog includes Anarkali suits, kurtas, dresses, sarees, lehengas, and more. It offers products for men, women, and kids. It was founded in 2016 and is based in Gurugram, India.

Maaesa Clothing

Maaesa Clothing is an online clothing store. It sells ethnic sets, kurtas, dresses, and more for women and girls. It was founded in 2016 and is based in Jaipur, India.


Gatha provides a platform for handcrafted apparel. Its products include sanganeri kota saree, wool foot warmers, ajrakh cotton dresses, embroidered mashru, and more. It was founded in 2009 and is based in Ahmedabad, India.


Zaamo is a community for homegrown labels and budding content creators to collaborate and grow together. its online platform, offering products recommended by influencers. Its fashion products include apparel, footwear, accessories, and more. It was founded in 2011 and is based in New Delhi, India.

Discover the right solution for your team

The CB Insights tech market intelligence platform analyzes millions of data points on vendors, products, partnerships, and patents to help your team find their next technology solution.

Request a demo

CBI websites generally use certain cookies to enable better interactions with our sites and services. Use of these cookies, which may be stored on your device, permits us to improve and customize your experience. You can read more about your cookie choices at our privacy policy here. By continuing to use this site you are consenting to these choices.